Happy Day-After-Valentines-Day all!
We're recovering from a blessed four-day weekend (thanks NetSuite!) that included good food, deserts out (hallloooooo lava cake!), flowers, space shuttle footies and then ended in being stuck inside after Winter Storm Olympia took over things today. P was a perfect gentleman and surprised me with a gigantic bouquet of beautiful flowers and card that gave me #allthefeelz. I also received the most beautiful new wallet after he saw me looking over earlier this year, good job love! P on the other has received a new lap-desk (nerd gift - but really, he kept stealing mine) and the most fantastic space shuttle footies that I found on ThinkGeek (double nerd!). He's worn them most of the weekend and I think it's just the sexiest thing ever :D.
Tomorrow we'll be heading back to the grind, but I do hope everyone had a lovely Valentines/Galentines Day! If you didn't receive something from someone else, dammit, buy yourself something special! you deserve it :D
- SO glad I'm not the only one who values her water bottle, thick socks, books and couch-time over parties!
- Had my breath taken away by this GORGEOUS piece of filmwork! My favorite Shakespeare work rendered so gorgeously, I was in awe! Plus, the original Old English is used for the scripting... perfect. Double plus, a red-beard in warpaint... YAAASSS.
- Also thoroughly enjoyed this sci-fi/horror flick. A found footage alien movie that surprised me, so refreshing!
- I'm not sure if I've shared this before, but following this list of 4 areas to simplify was strangely empowering this long weekend. I spent quite some time sifting through my morning and evening routines to cut out unnecessary pieces that I felt like I "had" to have. After trying it for a day, I find myself much calmer in the mornings... success!
- While we're on the topic of simplifying (my master goal this year), I wanted to point you to this incredible podcast from the authors of one of my favorite blogs on minimalism. They're not pushy or preachy, just encouraging and offer great strategies to start small to get the ball rolling. Let me know what you think!
- Finally, I can't wait to receive this! I've had my eye on it for a bit and finally pulled the trigger. I've got a few Lou & Grey pieces and am just in love with the comfort and beautiful constructions of the pieces. Easy to wear dressed up or down and the perfect multi-taskers for my goal of a small 'capsule' wardrobe.